Friday, October 15, 2010

Self Assessment

This is my Self Assessment!!

In my posts I have recently blogged about Barack Obama. He was my study because that is the book and person we had been reading about in class. Although I did have a couple blogs that dealt with music. I chose those because music is my 2nd passion. I love music and the entertainment business within itself. I plan to be in the entertainment business one day as an actress, director, and producer. I enjoy blogging. I did not know exactly how to blog or why blogging was important up unitl the day Dr. Diaz, my college freshman english teacher, told me I had to do it for a grade. At that point blogging becoma of interest. I never decided to revise my blogs because I felt like when I wrote them they were written that way for a reason. The aspects of blooging that I value is that I am allowed to voice my own opinion. I am allowed to say what I want when I want as I please. I share my opinion in my blogs just as well as stating the facts and sources. I do enjoy blogging.

In writing essays for this class it is intriguing. I find it to be this way because instead of us choosing our own topic or Dr.D iaz giving us a specific topic, we write from things we have read. It is like writing a response to a book, analyzing it, and then staing your own opinion. We are given the oppurtunity to look outside the box. We are allowed to think bigger. My experience in this class so far is that I am given the chance to think harder and be more conscious about what I say, but I am also allowed to express my own personal thoughts. My strength in this class would be giving my opinion. My weakness would be stating the sources from my facts. I have learned that in this class I must do my critical reading at home in order to participate in clss discussions. I also learned that I must do my research to state certain facts in my papers. I am now more comfortable with using blackboard than originally. When writing the global perspective of going green stays in mind which is why i do enjoy the factor of turning in our work online. This class has educated me on various things and it is teaching me a lot more about research. I enjoy my freshman english class!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment